Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe
Spaghetti is a classic, easy-to-make supper meal. Boost your pasta sauce by adding ground meat and lentils for protein and vegetables for vitamins, minerals, and fibre.
Spaghetti is also a great meal to meal prep for lunches. To keep the noodles from sticking together, add 1 tsp of oil after draining the water.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
1kg ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, etc.)
1/4 cup lentils (canned or dry)
2 cups of chopped vegetables, diced small
I used yellow bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini, celery, and white onion
3 cups of pasta sauce
3 handfuls of spaghetti noodles
Optional: 1 tsp oil
1/4 cup measuring cup
1 cup measuring cup
1 tsp measuring spoon
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add spaghetti noodles. Cook until done. Drain water. Add oil if storing noodles in the fridge.
2. Chop all vegetables, rinse canned lentils.
3. Cook ground meat until done.
4. Add lentils and vegetables to meat sauce. Cook until vegetables are soft.
5. Add pasta sauce to meat, lentil, vegetable mix. Simmer 2-3 minutes until sauce is hot.
6. Place noodles on plate then meat sauce.
7. Optional: portion into containers as desired. Eat within 1 week.