Quinoa salad is an easy, hearty lunch to pack with you to work. Quinoa won't go mushy on you like a lettuce-based salad. It keeps its texture. This salad is easy to make on a Sunday night for your weekly lunch meal prep. It only takes 20 minutes!
You can mix up your salad by adding in different ingredients each time! For this recipe, there are walnuts and pumpkin seeds to give it a bit of a crunch. Walnuts and pumpkin seeds are good sources of omega-3 fats, which are needed for brain and heart health.
There are plenty of veggies in this recipe, plus the quinoa packs a protein and fibre punch! Each serving has 24g of fibre and 34g of protein! This salad will keep you full and satisfied.
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 0 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
19 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup diced broccoli
1 cup diced carrots
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup walnuts, diced
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup feta cheese
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Large mixing bowl
1 cup measuring cup
1 tbsp measuring spoon
1/2 cup measuring cup
Pot with lid
1. Add quinoa and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer with the lid on until quinoa is fluffy (about 15 minutes).
There should be minimal or no water left in the pot when the quinoa is done.
2. While quinoa is cooking, dice all vegetables and put into the large mixing bowl.
3. Add walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese to the large mixing bowl.
4. Pour cooked quinoa into large mixing bowl.
5. Add balsamic vinegar to the large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Portion into package lunch containers and place in the fridge. Eat within 1 week.