Macaroni salad is a classic summertime side dish. Perfect for picnics or backyard BBQs.
It is easy to make and easy to adjust to suit your tastes.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
2 cups elbow noodles
1 cup cooked ham, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 pickle, diced
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, diced
2-3 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 tbsp mustard
Black pepper to taste
Bowl with lid
1/4 cup measuring cup
1 tbsp measuring spoon
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add elbow noodles. Boil for 4-5 minutes and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse well in cold water, and let cool.
You want your pasta to be slightly firm, but not crunchy. So cook your pasta slightly longer than al dente.
2. Dice ham, celery stalk, pickle, and cheddar cheese into small pieces. Add to bowl with a lid.
3. Mix mayonnaise and mustard together in a small bowl.
4. Add elbow noodles to bowl with a lid once cool.
5. Add mayonnaise and mustard mix to bowl with a lid. Mix thoroughly. Add black pepper to taste.
6. Chill until ready to be served.