Cranberry-Apple Tarts Recipe
In my family, cranberry-apple tarts are the go-to dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Every year we make a batch and it is gone within one to three days. They are THAT GOOD!!
I always use wild cranberries that we have picked near our family cabin. We are lucky to have so many cranberry bushes nearby. Sometimes we even eat the cranberries as we are picking them!
You can use store-bought cranberries for this recipe, but you may notice that those cranberries will make a slightly pinker tart filling.
Prep: 40 minutes
Bake: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 40 tarts
3 cups cranberries
1 cup water
40 store-bought frozen tart shells
1.5 cups sugar
1 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 medium-sized apples, diced
1 cup measuring cup
1/4 tsp measuring spoon
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2. Wash cranberries.
3. Add water and cranberries to pot. Bring to a boil. Stir and simmer.
4. In a bowl, add cornstarch, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix well.
5. Add dry mix to cranberries, stir continuously until thickened. Then remove from heat.
6. Stir in diced apples.
7. Place tart shells evenly on the oven sheet.
8. Spoon cranberry-apple mixture into tart shells. Fill to about 2/3 to 3/4 of the tart shell.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tart shell is golden brown.
10. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with whip cream or store in the fridge.