Want to eat oatmeal but want a version that is healthier than the packaged flavoured oatmeal? Me too!
This recipe allows you to control what goes into your oatmeal. You can purchase the plain packaged oatmeal or you can buy a bag of oats. You can be creative by adding different fruit or different spices!
Prep: 2 minutes
Bake: 3-4 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
1/3 cup oats OR 1 plain packaged oatmeal
1/2 cup water
1/8 tsp brown sugar
Microwave safe bowl
1. Add water and oats to the microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 3-4 minutes depending on what you prefer for consistency.
3. Dice apple into small pieces.
4. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to oatmeal. Mix well.
5. Add diced apple to oatmeal and mix.
6. Serve immediately.