Butter Chicken & Chickpea Stir Fry Recipe
Chicken stir-fry is an easy-to-make supper meal. It represents a balanced supper by containing vegetables, rice, and chicken. Boost your stir fry by adding chickpeas for extra protein and fibre.
I've tried to make butter chicken sauce from scratch before, with no success. So I decided to give the store-bought version a try. And it is delicious! I buy the Pataks brand (no affiliation). Now my butter chicken stir-fry comes together super fast because this sauce is already pre-made.
Note that this sauce is split four-ways, so the sodium and fat content per serving of this recipe would be approximately half of what recommended serving size on the label.
By using less sauce than the recommended serving size, you still get all the flavour with less fat and sodium.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 chicken breasts, diced
14 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed
1 cup brown rice
1 finger of garlic, diced
2 cups of diced vegetables
I used broccoli, cauliflower, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini
3/4 cup of Pataks (or other brand) butter chicken sauce
Pot with lid
1 cup measuring cup
3/4 cup measuring cup
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add rice. Simmer covered until done.
2. Dice chicken breast.
3. Pan fry chicken until done.
4. While the chicken is cooking, dice all vegetables, and rinse canned chickpeas.
5. Add chickpeas and vegetables to chicken. Cook until vegetables are soft.
5. Add butter chicken sauce to chicken stir-fry. Simmer 2-3 minutes until sauce is hot.
6. Place rice on plate then butter chicken stir-fry.
7. Optional: portion into containers as desired.
Eat within 1 week.